Wrote with broad brush
– You say you play on new strings and has more soul in the new music. What are you thinking about?
– Well I had soul before too, I hope. But when pure i more pop album mine was a little maximalist; used broad brush strokes, major events. Now I have taken the music down. Punch does not act on volume, says 32-year-old from Sorli terrace in Lørenskog who really has always written his music in that format.
Organic, acoustic and short
Coffee, not beer
Age, experience and confidence has also led to that she has left a large and safe label, who looked after her, only to start their own.
– I felt it natural now. For nearly 20 years since I got my first record deal, and it’s really good to have a company behind you when you’re young and need all the help and support you can get. But now I have learned so much and feel comfortable with having full control over everything yourself. Yes, I’m getting pretty good at, ie .
– The name of your label sounds a bit like a music happy and retired ølkjører have started their hobby?
– Ha, ha, Hand Brew Records is all about coffee. I think there is so much joy and love in a really good cup of cafe. And you can in English say handbrew. I think it’s a great name.
– The new release your content with five songs. We talk ep?– I have several songs in stock. but these five are written and produced as a whole. With its own company, I take the liberty to give out fewer songs overall, but perhaps comes the new songs frequently. Music consumption’ve also changed.Before it was common with a full album, but this is no longer, says Marit Larsen, which probably gives out “Joni Was Right” in physical format this fall
Big sister Joni Mitchell
– The title must almost explain, Marit.
– Yes, when I was 16 years I got three plates with Joni Mitchell, “Ladies”, “Blue” and “Court and Spark”. I learned all the songs – with subsequent writer’s block. It was not possible to measure up to some of what she made.Meanwhile, she was a kind of benchmark for me, says Marit Larsen, adding that the title is about everything she has experienced in life, matches Joni Mitchell’s lyrics.
– She has been right so much of what she was singing about. I do not even know Joni Mitchell, she does not know who I am, but she has been like a big sister to me.
Want to Romerike
26 to 30 April makes Marit Larsen a tour with his new band five cities, most airfares.Then the festival summer.
– Can we at Romerike experience the new Marit Larsen?
– Yes, you will. I have no specific gigs there now, but it’s clear I will play at home, says Marit Larsen – without saying April Fools.